Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Hendrickson



This is a poor quality scan of my maternal grandparents, Annie Jehzell Merrill and Elmo Hendrickson. This photo probably comes from the late '40's or early '50's.

You can almost hear Grandma telling Grandpa to "settle down" through her giggles.

I feel again impressed to share what I have with my family, and to learn as much as I can. I hope to interview Aunt MaryLou and Aunt Edie as well as Uncle Jack Jensen and Aunt Afton Hendrickson. There are stories they have that none others do: I heard once that we'll be forgotten in the third generation after us - if not sooner. We have a responsibility to get these stories and write them so our grandchildren will have their hearts turned to us and those who paved the road before us.



In the meantime, here is a mid-'50's photo of Elmo Hendrickson and his children (beginning back row, from left to right):John (Jack) Lynn Hendrickson (13 April 1917 - 17 Aug. 1990): Jean M. Hendrickson Jensen; Elmo Hendrickson (7 Jan. 1891 - 29 Dec. 1967); Edythe Hendrickson Roedel; George (Bud) Elmo Hendrickson. (Front row, left to right): Mary Louise Hendrickson Victor; Joyce M. Hendrickson Lawson; Elizabeth (Betty) Merrill Hendrickson Waite; my mother, Jehzell Anne Hendrickson Isaacson (9 July 1927 - 12 June 1994).

I'm sure I have birth and death dates for the Hendrickson siblings, but where???? If you have them, send them along to:

tgisaacson@cascadeaccess.com.

No comments: