Thursday, May 6, 2010

Better, Better

From Carly -

I like to sing Beatles songs to Stella, only as lullabies. A few of my favorites (and Stella's) are Yellow Submarine, Let it Be, In My Life... etc etc etc. Well tonight I was laying with Stella in her new big girl bed (which I need to blog about- she is totally rocking the twin bed!) and we were singing songs.

I asked her what song she wanted to sing next, and she goes "Better better". I had no idea what song she was talking about, so I said "I don't know what one you mean, how about you sing it to me." I wish I could insert my mental photo of what her face looked like, but she semi reluctantly, almost nervously, said "mm, OK" and slowly started singing.

Fidgeting with her hands but with growing confidence she began... "Hey dude, a make a bed... a sad song, a make a better better better better!!" By the end of the "better"s she was singing with gusto. As you can imagine... Hey Jude.

I said, "Oh! Hey Jude!" She says, "Yeah! Make a bed song!" I said, "Oh, it's not 'make a bed', it's 'don't make it BAD!'" and we both started giggling.

I almost cried from laughing. I love her so much. We sang several abbreviated versions of Hey Jude... and you know what? That song is the perfect ending to this day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is beyond precious! Grandchildren are the bomb!!