Sunday, May 9, 2010

Penny & Irv - May 2010

Dear All;

OHSU called yesterday and the earliest they could do Irv's ultrasound was May 20th. Well, I'll be in surgery that day. Next available day way May 25th, so we took that. We have to go to Portland on the 24th as Irv's procedure is first thing in the morning at 0700. We will stay with his brother Roger in Newberg.

My sister Kerrin made arrangements to come stay with me (us) on the 19th, and can stay longer than the weekend if needed. We will have to decide how I feel whether I can go with Irv. I REALLY do not want him to go to Portland alone, even if Roger and Marilyn will be there to drive him to and fro and care for him afterward. After the ERCP he really wasn't himself until Friday, 4 days after the procedure. I doubt I could be away from him during that time, especially if the biopsies taken in this procedure are bad! (Always a chance, even though we are being much more positive that they will also show nothing!)

So, things are up in the air. BUT, we will deal with them. Luckily, we have so many of you to call on if needed (for which we are most grateful) that I am sure we will work it all out.

That's the news for now.

Love to you all;

Penny

No comments: