Sunday, August 15, 2010

Penny & Irv - August 2010

Dear All;

As of today I am the proud owner of a new left boob.  Plus two bras that are very pretty, as well they should be as they are really spendy.  I'm glad I don't have to pay for these.   Well, in a way.  Since we have paid out a fortune this year for everything else we are both into our "free" care.  The lady who fitted me for the stuff said that most insurances only approve 2 bras per year, one prosthesis every two years.  (Medicare pays for 6 bras per year.  Not sure how they handle the "boobs.")  My sister-in-law Debbie said she say a slogan for this years' Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure:  "Yes, these are fake.  My real one(s) tried to kill me!"  I love it.  As I have mentioned I inherited my mom's monster boobs.  Because of that I didn't have a lot of choice in bras.  Lynda, the boob lady, said a company is coming out with softer, more comfortable bras in September.  I tried on the largest she had and it wasn't nearly big enough.  Thanks Mom!  She will call me when they become available.  I would like to get a couple, even if I have to pay for them.  Since I haven't worn a bra for 10 years, since the first cancer surgery, these fairly rigid bras are kind of off-putting.  I wasn't concerned about going braless now, but Lynda said that since I did have a larger single breast that eventually I would develop spine and shoulder discomfort.  Hmmmm.  I see the surgeon on the 20th and I'll ask him as well. 

Irv is still feeling very well.  He has been really busy around the house doing chores.  All our wood for this winter he has split and stacked.  We have very little left of our store so he has ordered 3 cords from a wood broker here in La Pine.  The guy delivers rounds for free.  The forest service must give these guys access that the regular people can't use.  The areas we have surveyed on the open areas available are pretty bare.  We don't mind cutting smaller trees, they don't need splitting, but even small ones are gone.  There is so much beetle killed trees around we wonder if that is available to the brokers and not the general public.  Rats!

With my leg still in a non-weight bearing cast I can only watch Irv work.  Plus send him into the garage several times a day for stuff.  Poor guy.

That is all for now.

Penny

No comments: