Sunday, August 15, 2010

Penny & Irv - July 2010

Dear All;

I had my toe surgery on Wed. It went well, but this non weight bearing nonsense is tooooo much. I have to scoot round on a knee scooter. Our toilet areas are not invalid friendly!

Irv finally heard from the gastro docs yesterday. He goes in on Thursday next week to start the steroids for autoimmune pancreatitis. I hope we will hear about the CAT scan and blood work results then.

I see the plastic surgeon on Tuesday. I hope he will say I can begin the reconstruction process. It has to be completed by Oct. 31 and I'm sure it will take several weeks of expanding the device placed in the breast area. I don't know when the reduction on the other side will take place - at the same time the device is implanted or when the final prosthesis is put in place on the mastectomy side. Irv is still hoping for "perky" boobs. We'll see.

It is very hot here. Into the upper 90's. Thankfully it cools off at night so we don't need the air-conditioning 24 hours a day. It is nice to get some "regular" weather after such a long cold spring and early summer.

Thanks again for all your support. At least we have entered a fairly calm stage of this process. It is a mental and emotion relief!

Penny and Irv

No comments: