Monday, August 23, 2010

Penny & Irv - August 2010

Dear All;

Yesterday I had routine follow-up with my surgeon and oncologist. Dr. Kowalski said I was healing fine and everything looked good. (What was he supposed to say? "OMG, I did a horrible job on you!" Ha!)

Dr. Kornfeld, the oncologist, didn't go so well. My liver function tests were quite elevated. Since they were fine in May when I had the mastectomy there are three possibilities:

1. The new anti-cancer drug Aromasin is causing the change.

2. The herbs I've been taking are causing the problem.

3. OR, there is another factor as yet unknown.

I feel just fine. Not all the test results were available yesterday. I'm supposed to call Dr. Kornfeld by Tues. if he doesn't call me with further instructions. Right now I don't know what will be happening. I admit to being more than a little concerned. So keep those good thoughts coming!

Everyone was most impressed with my new boob and how it looked just like the real one. It was a hot day and that prosthesis is HOT as well. It is made of some gel like material so didn't "breathe" at all and I got quite sweaty underneath it all. Dr. Kowalski wasn't as concerned as the "boob lady" was about not wearing it and the bra all the time. He said to just be sure that if I start to feel any neck, back or shoulder pain to wear the whole thing for a few days and see if it helps. It could just be that I strained the muscles doing something else. I haven't worn anything since May and don't feel lopsided, let alone painful. I hope it won't become a problem.

Love to you all and again, thanks for so much support through out this ordeal. I guess it isn't quite over yet.

Penny

PS: Irv is feeling entirely well! That is a very good thing!

No comments: