Sunday, August 15, 2010

Penny & Irv - July 2010

Dear All;

Irv has been on the steroids since Saturday and so far not feeling any ill effects.  His glucose levels haven't been out of control and he is still feeling quite well.  Whatever this mysterious illness he had (has) appears to have left his body.  All the household chores he had been putting off like staining the huge decks and railings, wood chopping and splitting and stacking, weed-eating, and poop patrol of the dog kennels, etc. he has been doing without being exhausted after 5 minutes or less of work.  Hooray!

I got the cast on my left foot and lower leg on Monday.  Having to use this knee scooter instead of crutches (because of the mastectomy) is a real pain.  I need Irv's help to do just about anything except roll around our - thankfully - one story home.  It is still 3 steps up and down into the garage where our freezer and pantry are located.  So, good old Irv gets to make all those trips for me - several times a day.  He is now claiming to be the saint in this marriage!   Well, I never!  Meanwhile, the toe is healing well and no signs of infection or other nonsense.  I'm due to get the cast of on August 30.  Believe me, a major celebration will be held.  I just hope this works and I can walk, hike, & kind of run without ANY pain in that foot. 

I am so glad to report such boring information.  We have been thru hell and are so thankful for all your support.  My sister Kerrin was such a blessing when she came to care for me after the mastectomy.  Just having her here made me feel better.  If Irv hadn't gotten so much better my brothers were ready to come and do all those chores Irv has just completed.  What would be do without loving family and friends?

Love to you all;

Penny

No comments: