Saturday, September 24, 2011

Irv Update - September 2011 #14

Dear F&F; Well, Irv is feeling better, still having a hard time keeping his oxygen level up, but usually doing adequately. BUT, now he is having heart issues that are NOT atrial fibrillation. It is now a very erratic heart rate with pre-ventricular contractions (PVC's). Some kind of ventricle problem. OMG! The staff tried to walk with him again and all hell broke loose with his heart rate. The telemetry people called down to this floor in a panic about his readings. People came running. I just told Irv to quit causing so much trouble as we were all getting tired of it! They got him into a wheechair, more O2, deep breathing, etc. 30 minutes later calm has returned and he is in bed doing Sudoko puzzles. I have gotten a lot of response to my tirades of yesterday and have been promised "this will be taken to the next level, st least" and I may be contacted by people in various positions within the organization, etc. Blah, blah, blah. Mea culpa's all over the place. I am biding my time. As I've said, the final outcome of this and what permanent, if any, consequences Irv suffers will determine what I/Irv will do. After I left yesterday the surgical team came in. Irv told them that there wasn't any way he was going to be discharged from the hospital this time until he is "fixed" and everything that has to be done is done. Dr. Biehl, the surgeon, stated that "well if you were discharged there are several very nice hotels close by where you could stay." The rooms near here in Seattle are at least $200/night up to $500 or more. Maybe on his salary!!! WTF? Who does he think we are anyway? It is a very good thing I wasn't here or Dr. Biehl would have a whole new lower backside! I really cannot believe he said that. Irv couldn't bring himself to berate Dr. Biehl. The chicken. That is all for now. Penny

No comments: